Fees & Donations
Terms of Reference
Return Policy Guide
Survey of Returnees
Survey of Diaspora
Draft Policy Paper
Policy Paper Review
Introduction, Objective, Process
The Present Situation
Overseas Representation & Relationships with Nationals Abroad
Diaspora Promotional and Investment Roles
A. Letter of Endorsement from the Prime Minister
B. Terms of Reference
C. Draft Work Programme
D. Survey of Nationals Abroad (Questionnaire)
E. Survey of Returned Nationals (Questionnaire)
F. Copy of Letter to Overseas Missions
G. Response to Survey of Nationals Abroad (Tabulations)
H. Response to Survey of Returned Nationals (Tabulations)
I. Verbatim Comments from Nationals Abroad
J. Verbatim Comments from Returned Nationals
K. Submission from Dominica Association - Vancouver, B.C.
L. Draft Development Programming Concept
M. Comparison of OECS Overseas Representation(Tourism Offices)
N. Tabular Summary of Diaspora Report Recommendations
Related Reference Papers
Diaspora Committee Site
Dominica-Diaspora Policy Paper - Terms of Reference
1. To conduct a review of current policies and regulations which apply to Dominican nationals resident overseas (Diaspora), and to assess their relative strengths and weaknesses.
2. To consult through any and all means feasible with the widest cross-section of Dominican nationals resident overseas (Diaspora) on their concerns, expectations, ideas, and opportunities relating to the national development of Dominica.
3. To obtain a representative view of reactions and attitudes of Dominicans at home to their countrymen resident abroad (Diaspora) with suggestions on how both entities might work together more successfully for the progress of Dominica.
4. To prepare realistic proposals to guide the representation by the Government of Dominica on behalf of its nationals resident abroad (Diaspora).
5. To consider and recommend potential avenues for investment, involvement, assistance (including community and charitable donations) by nationals resident abroad (Diaspora) in the homeland.
6. To investigate and report on opportunities in which Dominica nationals resident abroad (Diaspora) might assist in or contribute to the national development effort, including but not limited to:
7. To identify and assist in establishing instruments, mechanisms and processes for strengthening the linkages between Dominican nationals abroad (Diaspora) and their homeland.
It is the expectation of the Government of Dominica and of Dominican nationals resident abroad (Diaspora) that on completion and submission of this Project, its recommendations and suggestions will be implemented through appropriate legislation, regulation, directives and guidelines as may be deemed necessary.
(July 5, 2004).